QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 781|回复: 1

2005年全国大学生英语竞赛样题听力录音原文及答案(B级)

[复制链接]
发表于 2005-4-23 06:50:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Part I Listening Comprehension (25 minutes, 30 points)

Section A Dialogues (10 points)

Directions: In this section, you will hear 10 short dialogues. At the end of each dialogue, a question will be asked about what was said. Both the dialogue and the question will be read only once. After each question, there will be a pause. During the pause, you must read the four choices marked A, B, C and D, and decide which is the best answer. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.

1. W: Did you go to the football match last Sunday?

M: Yes. It was supposed to start at 9:30, but it was delayed fifteen minutes.

Q: When did the football match start? (A)

2. W: I haven't seen Tom for a long time.

M: Poor kid, he injured his leg at work a fortnight ago,and was taken to hospital. But now he has recovered.

Q: How long has Tom been ill? (D)

3. W: Be careful!Don't throw your cigarette out of the window. If you do that, you may start a forest fire.

M: Sorry. I won't do that again.

Q: What did the woman ask the man to do? (A)

4. M: I'd like to deposit this in my savings account.

W: All right. Please print your name on the deposit slip.

Q: Where does the conversation take place? (D)

5. M: I bought a pair of shoes yesterday but I didn't have time to try them on. Now I think they are too tight for me. As you can see, they haven't been worn.

W: Em, you'd better change them.

Q: Why did the man think the shoes unsuitable? (B)

6. W: Mr. Smith is good at Arabic, and now he is beginning to study French.

M: He also knows a few words of Chinese and Spanish.

Q: Which language does Mr. Smith speak well? (B)

7. M: Lucy, did you bake the bread for Linda's birthday party?

W: Oh, I had no time and I asked Susan to do it.

Q: Who baked the bread? (B)

8. M: Am I painting carefully enough?

W: Actually, you should try to paint more carefully.

M: Oh, okey, I'll try. Thanks for telling me.

Q: How does the woman feel about the man's painting?(D)

9. M: What do you want to do today? How about going to the ballgame?

W: Hmm, I don't really feeling like going to the ballgame. Any other ideas?

M: Well, how about seeing a movie?

W: Good idea!We haven't seen a movie for a long time.

Q: What did they decide to do? (B)

10. M: Excuse me. Mrs. Lopez.

W: Yes?

M: Could I possibly leave an hour early today?

W: Hmm, well, I'm not really sure.

M: The reason I'm asking is my wife hurt herself at work and I have to take her to the doctor.

W: Well, in that case, of course you can leave an hour early today.

M: Thank you very much.

Q: What's the relationship of the two people? (C)

Section B News Items (10 points)

Directions: In this section, you will hear 10 pieces of short news from BBC or VOA. After each news item and question, there will be a pause. During the pause, you must read the three choices marked A, B and C, and decide which is the best answer. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.

11. At least 50 people were injured when two trains collided at a Bangkok subway station. A rescue worker told Reuters more than a dozen passengers were taken to hospital, while another 20 to 30 people sustained minor injuries.

Question: How many people were taken to hospital? (B)

12. People across the United States and worldwide will take time on Saturday to remember the assassination of President John F. Kennedy 40 years ago. Nowhere was the impact of that terrible day, November 22, 1963, felt more deeply than in the city where it happened, Dallas, Texas.

Question: When was President John F. Kennedy murdered? (C)

13. The Golden Globes celebrated Hollywood's timetested veterans and its more youthful side for the 62nd annual edition of the awards show. The Aviator, director Martin Scorsese's epic-size biography of Howard Hughes' Hollywood years, landed the prize for best drama.

Question: What kind of prize did Martin Scorsese get at the 62nd Golden Globe? (C)

14. Texas sued one of the world's largest spam e-mail operations, seeking millions of dollars from two men who are suspected of controlling companies — PayPerAction L.L.C., Leadplex L.L.C. and Leadplex Inc. — that sent millions of spam messages pitching fraudulent services.

Question: Why did the two men get sued? (A)

15. Australians held prayer services, concerts and surfing ceremonies on Sunday to remember the victims of the Indian Ocean tsunami disaster that killed more than 163,000 people.

Question: What kind of ceremony did Australians hold to remember the victims of the Indian Ocean tsunami disaster? (C)

16. The devastating southern Asia tsunamis that killed more than 162,000 people last month and left survivors prone to potentially deadly epidemics have created another severe health problem — psychological trauma. Meeting in Helsinki, Finland, European health ministers urged governments to be mindful of the emotional scars caused by the disaster.

Question:  What can we learn from the news? (B)

17. The International Energy Agency, a multilateral research organization based in Paris, says the world oil and gas industry will require $4 trillion of investment during the next three decades to maintain current levels of production.

Question: Where does the International Energy Agency base in?(B)

18. German politicians have called for a Europe-wide ban on Nazi insignia after Britain's Prince Harry caused outrage by wearing a swastika armband and Nazi regalia at a fancy dress party.

Question: Why did Britain's Prince Harry cause wrath of the people? (C)

19. British judge has dismissed Russia's request for the extradition of Chechen envoy Akhmed Zakayev to face terrorism charges. Judge Timothy Workman said he will not extradite Mr. Zakayev because he could be tortured if he is handed over to Russian authorities.

Question: Who refused Russia's request for the extradition of Chechen envoy? (A)

20. One man died of suspected bird flu in Vietnam over the weekend and three people were hospitalized as news reports showed the virus has spread across the entire country. In neighboring Thailand, health workers have been put on alert and ordered to conduct stringent surveillance measures but it is Vietnam that has emerged as the epicenter for the deadly H5N1 virus.

Question: Which of the following statements is true according to the news?(C)

Section C Passages (10 points)

Directions: In this section, you will hear 2 passages. At the end of each passage, you will hear 5 questions. After you hear a question, you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A, B, C and D. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.

Passage One

The majority of astronauts from America have been men. At the start of the space programme there was strong resistance from some people against having women in space. However, some women were very keen to become astronauts and in the end they were successful. In 1978, NASA began the first training programme for women astronauts.

Judy Resnick and Christa McAuliffe were both astronauts and they were both women, but in many other ways they were very different. Both of them were on Flight STS-51-L. Judy Resnick was born in 1949 and studied engineering at university and went on to obtain a PhD in 1977. She was a member of the first group of women selected for astronaut training in 1978, and in 1984, she became the second woman in space. During that flight, she helped to launch three new satellites and she carried out a programme of research. She was, in many ways, a professional astronaut whose whole life was devoted to space travel.

Christa McAuliffe was born in 1948 and she was an astronaut almost by accident. In 1984, NASA decided to find a teacher who could accompany astronauts into space. They hoped that she would be able to communicate with students from space and encourage everyone of them to be interested in space travel. Christa was a secondary teacher in history and social studies. She was a gifted teacher and she was selected from over 11,000 applicants to go on flight STS-51-L. She was also a very good communicator and she immediately established a very good relationship with the news media (radio, television and newspapers). It was partly because of this that there was a great deal of interest and excitement about the flight. Thousands of students in schools and universities all around the country were looking forward to communicating with Christa in space. Millions of people were watching her flight with great interest. It is partly because of the excitement over McAuliffe's place in the flight that the disaster in 1986 had such an effect on people.

Questions 21 to 25 are based on the first passage.

21. Why did NASA begin the first training programme

for women in 1978? (A)

22. Which of the following is true about Judy? (C)

23. When was Christa McAuliffe born? (B)

24. Why was Christa McAuliffe chosen for training? (C)

25. What would be the best title for the passage?(A)

Passage Two

As more women in the United  States move  up  the professional ladder, more are finding it necessary to make business trips alone. Since this is new for many, some tips are certainly in order. If you are married, it is a good idea to encourage your husband and children to learn to cook a few simple meals while you are away. They will be much happier and probably they will enjoy the experience. If you will be eating alone a good deal, choose good restaurants. In the end, they will be much better for your digestion. You may also find it useful to call the restaurant in advance and state that you will be eating alone. You will probably get better service and almost certainly a better table. Finally, and most importantly, anticipate your travel needs as a businesswoman; this starts with lightweight luggage which you can easily manage even when fully packed. Take a folding case inside your suitcase; it will come in extremely handy for dirty clothes, as well as for business documents and papers you no longer need on the trip. And make sure you have a briefcase so that you can keep currently required papers separate. Obviously, experience helps, but you can make things easier on yourself from the first by careful planning, so that  right from the start you really can have a  good trip!

Questions 26 to 30 are based on the second passage.

26. Who is the author's intended audience? (C)

27. Which of the following can be inferred from the passage? (A)

28. Why is lightweight luggage important for the travelling businesswomen? (B)

29. In this passage, what advice does the author have for married women? (B)

30. Where would this passage most likely appear? (A)

Part II Vocabulary and Structure (5 minutes, 10 points)

31. D   32. C   33. A   34. A   35. B   36. B   37. C   38. C   39. B   40. B

Part III Situational Dialogues (5 minutes, 10 points)

41. B   42. A   43. D   44. C   45. D   46. B   47. C   48. A   49. B   50. D

Part IV  IQ Test (5 minutes, 5 points)

51. C

52. D   25 (432÷6÷4=18  612÷4÷9=17  350÷7÷2=25)

53  D  A. SCHISM   B. SCHOOL  C. SCHEME

54. C (The main figure rotates clockwise, the arrow anticlockwise.)

55. D. 56. (Give the letters their numbers in the alphabet, square each and add these squares. Subtract these sum to get the answer.

i.e. GIBE-FADE (7925)-(6145) square(49+81+4+25)-(36+1+16+25) sum  159 -78=81 etc.)

Part V Reading Comprehension (25 minutes, 35 points)

Section A Multiple Choice (5 points)

56. D 57. A 58. B 59. A 60. C

Section B Short Answer Questions (20 points)

61. For his obesity.

62. From the 1950s.

63. Make money.

64. About the content of their food in their advertising.

65. Try to get money.

66. humble, faithful and welcoming, listen, wait and praise

67. give birth to children

68. they must become enemies of men

69. differences between men and women are becoming less clear

70. many women will understand the feelings in it

Section C True or False (10 points)

71. F 72. T 73. T 74. F 75. T 76. T 77. F 78. T 79. T 80. F

Part VI Cloze-Test (10 minutes, 10 points)

81. produce 82. though 83. exposed 84. others 85. with 86. occur 87. so 88. which 89. long 90. quickly

Part VII Translation (15 minutes, 20 points)

Section A English-Chinese Translation (10 points)

91. 在你开始尝试某件新事情之前仔细考虑是非常重要的,因为做这件事对于你及你的生活方式来说必须是正确的。

92. 不要让缺少金钱、时间、能力或其他任何影响你做自己想做的事的消极因素,阻碍你的设想。

93. 例如,在你的理想工作方面,你可以设想出如下内容:地位、工资、职业规范、工作方式、伴随工作方式而来的生活方式、你将和哪些人一起工作及工作的环境如何。

94. 为了达到我理想的某些特征而工作,其结果对于我自己及其他人的影响将是什么?

95. 当你确定了自己的目标,并且所有的思考、计划和准备工作也都完成了之后,你就可以开始新的生活而不能再拖延了。

Section B Chinese-English Translation (10 points)

96. Vegetarians don't eat any meat, fish or poultry, and they avoid foods with animal products in them.

97. The desire to preserve things is not new, but now change in our towns comes with such speed and on such a scale that most of us are affected by it in some way.

98. The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

99. Sometimes you just know things about people the first time you see them—for example that you want to be friends with them or that you don't trust them.

100. Intelligence is the speed at which we can understand and react to new situations and it is usually tested by logic puzzles.

Part VIII Writing (30 minutes, 30 points)

Task I 应用文的评分标准

一、 评分原则:

1. 本题满分为10分。

2. 评分时,先根据文章的内容和语言初步确定其所属档次,然后以该档次的要求来衡量、确定或调整本档次,最后给分。

3. 词数少于100或多于150的,从总分中减去2分。

4. 如书写较差,以致影响交流,将分数降低一个档次。

二、各档次的给分范围和要求:

第四档:9分

完全符合写作格式的要求,覆盖所有内容要点,表达思想清楚,文字通顺,连贯性很好,基本上无词汇和语法错误。

第三档:7分

基本符合写作格式的要求,有个别地方表达思想不够清楚,文字基本通顺、连贯,有少量词汇和语法错误。

第二档:5分

未恰当完成写作格式的要求,漏掉内容要点,表达思想不清楚,文字多处出现词汇和语法错误,影响了对写作内容的理解。

第一档:2分

未完成写作格式的要求,明显遗漏主要内容,表达思想紊乱,有较多词汇和语法的重大错误,未能将信息传达给读者。

0分

白卷;作文与题目毫不相关;内容太少,无法评判;所写内容无法看清。

三、 说明:

1. 内容要点可用不同方式表达。

2. 对紧扣主题的适当发挥不予扣分。

3. 漏掉每个要点扣1—2分。

Task II 议论文的评分标准

一、 评分原则:

1. 本题满分为20分。

2. 评分时,先根据文章的内容和语言初步确定其所属档次,然后以该档次的要求来衡量、确定或调整本档次,最后给分。

3. 词数少于130或多于170的,从总分中减去2分。

4. 如书写较差,以致影响交流,将分数降低一个档次。

二、各档次的给分范围和要求:

第四档:16—20分

完全符合写作格式的要求,覆盖所有内容要点,表达思想清楚,文字通顺,连贯性很好,基本上无词汇和语法错误。

第三档:11—15分

基本符合写作格式的要求,有个别地方表达思想不够清楚,文字基本通顺、连贯,有少量词汇和语法错误。

第二档:6—10分

未恰当完成写作格式的要求,漏掉内容要点,表达思想不清楚,文字多处出现词汇和语法错误,影响了对写作内容的理解。

第一档:1—5分

未完成写作格式的要求,明显遗漏主要内容,表达思想紊乱,有较多词汇和语法的重大错误,未能将信息传达给读者。

0分

白卷;作文与题目毫不相关;内容太少,无法评判;所写内容无法看清。

三、 说明:

1. 内容要点可用不同方式表达。

2. 对紧扣主题的适当发挥不予扣分。

3. 漏掉每个要点扣1—2分。

[em30]
发表于 2005-4-23 16:17:00 | 显示全部楼层
我们集大考的是哪个?A卷B卷?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|诚毅小家 ( 小家社区工作室 闽ICP备05007965号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 21:43 , Processed in 0.074498 second(s), 24 queries .